This is early for a mock draft, I know, but everyone I've seen thus far have been horrible. This is my second mock draft (one after week 5) and this one looks considerably different than the first version. I tried to get all the first round traded picks that I knew about, but I will be updating this as the season goes on so let me know if I forgot any. Here are the one I know of:
SF gets CAR #1
DEN gets CHI #1
SEA gets DEN #1
1. CLE Browns - Sam Bradford QB (Oklahoma): This pick will determine the rest of the draft and its hard to say what CLE will do here with so many holes. This is the worst passing offense in the NFL, and I think Quinn will prove he cannot get the job done. I expect a big show by Bradford in the pre-draft workouts that will give him the slight edge over Locker.
2. DET Lions - Eric Berry S (Tennessee): The Lions have the worst pass D in the NFL, Berry will help shore up that secondary.
3. STL Rams - Jake Locker (Washington): Locker continues to impress, therefore continues to move up the draft board. Bulger just isn't the answer long-term.
4. TB Buccaneers - Russell Okung OT (Okla. St.): The Bucs need to protect Freeman, Okung will be a difference maker.
5. OAK Raiders - Ndamukong Suh (Nebraska): After 3 straight years of drafting a skill position player, Al Davis tries to help his aging defensive front.
6. KC Chiefs - Trent Williams OT (Oklahoma): A slight reach, but Cassell needs protection and Haley is an offensive coach.
7. BUF Bills - Rolando McClain (Alabama): The Bills need some serious help at LB and McClain is the best of this class.
8. SEA Seahawks - Derrick Morgan (Georgia Tech): Seattle needs to begin replacing the aging Patrick Kearney (32).
9. WAS Redskins - Jimmy Clausen QB (Notre Dame): Dan Snyder missed out on Sanchez last year, this year Clausen becomes his franchise QB.
10. DEN Broncos (via CHI) - Gerald McCoy DT (Oklahoma): Denver will be ecstatic is one of the big 2 DT's fall to them, and in this draft McCoy is the guy. Great for Denver's new 3-4 D.
11. TEN Titans - Joe Haden CB (Florida): Titans would love for either G. McCoy or Suh to fall here, but instead they help shore up their awful pass D by picking up the best CB in this class.
12. NY Jets - Carlos Dunlap DE (Florida): The offense will come around, especially with that great O-line. NY could use a good, young pass rusher.
13. SF 49ers (via CAR) - Taylor Mays S (USC): SF has back-to-back picks, and with the first they address their poor secondary.
14. SF 49ers - Arthur Jones DT (Syracuse): A lot depends on how Alex Smith plays. SF could package picks to move up for a QB, but its hard to believe SF spends another high pick (and ton of cash) on a QB after getting burned by Smith.
15. MIA Dolphins - Dez Bryant WR (Okla. St.): Miami needs a consistent receiver to go along with deep threat Ted Ginn.
16. JAC Jaguars - Jason Pierre-Paul DE (S. Florida): Jacksonville's pass D has been bad this year, a solid pass rusher should help.
17. NY Giants - Earl Thomas S (Texas): Giants already have two young safeties, but their secondary could use the help.
18. GB Packers - Charles Brown OT (USC): The Green Bay O-Line needs some help, so does Aaron Rodgers ...
19. ATL Falcons - Navorro Bowman LB (Penn St.): Mike Peterson is getting old, and Atlanta could use another solid LB. Their pass D is poor, but they have two young, talented CB's that will get better.
20. HOU Texans - C.J. Spiller (Clemson): Slaton is not an every down back, and Houston's run game has been awful.
21. PHI Eagles - Sergio Kindle LB (Texas): Philly would love another playmaking LB like Jeremiah Trotter was for them.
22. BAL Ravens - Arrelious Benn WR (Illinois): Joe Flacco could use some better targets, and Mason is getting older.
23. DAL Cowboys - Bryan Bulaga OT (Iowa): Flozell Adams (34) is on his way out, Dallas needs a solid tackle to replace him.
24. SEA Seahawks (via DEN) - Jahvid Best RB (California): Seattle's rushing attack has been lackluster and could use a spark.
25. SD Chargers - Brandon Spikes LB (Florida): The Chargers could use a RB with LT aging and Sproles possibly gone next year, but they will look for that later and pick up a very talented LB here.
26. ARI Cardinals - Bruce Carter LB (N. Carolina): Arizona's LB corps is aging quickly, Carter will provide some much needed youth.
27. PIT Steelers - Greg Hardy DE (Mississippi): Pittsburgh's D-line is one of the oldest in the NFL, Hardy will be a solid backup then eventual replacement.
28. NE Patriots - Sean Weatherspoon LB (Missouri): Jerrod Mayo could use some help on that NE defense.
29. CIN Bengals - Jermaine Gresham TE (Oklahoma): Carson Palmer would love a pass catching TE like Gresham, this could make Cincy's passing attack even more formidable.
30. MIN Vikings - Jevan Snead QB (Mississippi): Tarvaris Jackson is not the answer once Brett Favre leaves.
31. IND Colts - Patrick Robinson CB (Florida St.): NYG looks to make their D even better by adding a solid CB.
32. NO Saints - Anthony Davis OT (Rutgers): Teams drafting this late have the luxury of building toward the future and a solid tackle would be great.
(Draft order based on recent Power Rankings) Thanks for reading, give me your thoughts and comments (good or bad). Like I said, I will continue to update throughout the season, so keep an eye out!